Job: Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving, St. Clair Hospital Foundation
Location: Mount Lebanon, Pennsylvania
The Organization: St. Clair Hospital’s first priority is to provide high quality, comprehensive health care services to the community. The Foundation raises funds to make grants for health care services, programs, and outreach efforts for residents of the communities served by St. Clair Hospital. Located in Mount Lebanon, PA, the St. Clair Hospital Foundation is a private, non-sectarian, not-for-profit 501c(3) tax-exempt affiliate of St. Clair Hospital.
Position Overview: This position is ideal for a confident, mature, community-minded professional committed to the sustainability and growth of St. Clair Hospital and the communities of the South Hills of Pittsburgh. It is essential that the Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills. The Director must be willing to ask current and future donors for their financial support of the Hospital. The successful Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving will interface with various sectors of the community to invite participation in the mission of the St. Clair Hospital Foundation.
The Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving works cooperatively with Foundation Staff and reports directly to the Executive Director of the Foundation.
1. Create a Comprehensive Major Gift and Planned Giving Plan. During the first 60 days, prepare an analysis of the current donors to the Foundation. Include giving histories, current status and potential for future giving. Research and analyze Planned Giving programs and partnerships that will best meet the needs of the Foundation. Submit a Major and Planned Giving plan that includes recommendations, implementation strategies, financial expectations and critical target dates. Present the Plan to the Board and Executive staff.
2. Prospect for New Donors. Using prospecting tools available internally and externally, identify and communicate with potential donors through the website, printed material and planned events.
3. Facilitate the Board with Fundraising Efforts. Create and lead a fundraising training program for board members. Regularly meet with Board members to access their community contacts and comfort with raising funds. Provide on-going support and education to the volunteers about philanthropy and the community.
4. Create and Implement Major Gift and Planned Giving Programs. Identify community resources to best support Planned Giving at St. Clair Hospital. Devise a strategy to attract and retain donors of $1,000 and higher. Manage all donors and prospects utilizing/managing Raiser’s Edge software.
5. Oversee and Coordinate All Grant activity. Craft and submit all grant proposals to government and private funding sources. Maintain a calendar of due dates and deliverables to assure prompt submission and follow-up reporting.
6. Participate in Foundation Planning. Offer creative insight to the short and long term planning of the overall organization.
7. Lead and Follow as Needed.
Qualifications: The Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving needs to have 5-10 years of experience in marketing, sales, fundraising or closely aligned fields. This includes project management, client/donor cultivation, market research and communications.
Compensation: This position has an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package.
To Apply: Individuals wishing to speak confidentially about this opportunity may contact Michelle Pagano Heck, Senior Consultant, Dewey & Kaye at 412.434.1335. Qualified individuals may apply confidentially by submitting resume, cover letter and compensation requirements as MS Word attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the following in the subject line of your email: St. Clair Hospital Foundation, Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving (#131-MH687).
Candidates must submit materials no later than Monday, April 6, 2009. If you do not receive an email confirmation of your submission within 3 business days, please call Dawn Kopp at 412-434-1335. Please direct all inquiries related to this position to Dewey & Kaye.